The Division of Audit (DoA) provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed
to add value and improve the University’s operations. It helps the University accomplish
its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve
the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
DoA serves as a proactive business partner with University management by evaluating
business processes, controls, compliance mechanisms and technologies to ensure:
- Business risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- Assets and resources are properly controlled;
- Operational, financial, and managerial information is accurate and reliable;
- University actions are in compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and state
and federal laws and regulations;
- Effective coordination and cooperation is provided to external auditors to avoid duplication
- Allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse, and complaints received from the Chief IG
and Board of Governors are appropriately investigated; and
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the University’s control process.