How can Graduate request I-20 Form
"CONGRATULATIONS" on your acceptance to Florida A&M University (FAMU)!!!
The Office of International Education and Development issues the Form I-20 AB Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Students once the prospective student gains acceptance to the University and submits the below documents:
1. Request for form I-20 Issuance: please READ CAREFULLY, TYPE and COMPLETE ALL information required.
1. Certification of Financial Responsibility: (file attached). Please READ CAREFULLY, TYPE and COMPLETE ALL information required and especially on the second page: source of funding. It could be personal savings, sponsor, scholarship, and/or other; in total the student must have $39,970.
o If the student will receive a scholarship, stipend, etc; submit COPY OF THE LETTER OF SCHOLARSHIP showing the exact amount of funds you will be receiving and the duration of the award/scholarship.
o If the student is paying with personal savings: submit COPY OF BANK STATEMENTS to show you have enough funds for tuition, fees and living expenses.
o NO CHECKS are allowed as part of the SOURCE OF FUNDING
1. Copy of your Passport Biographical Page
2. Copy of your Most Recent I-94 Form. Click here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/
3. Copy of FAMU Acceptance Letter
4. Transfer of SEVIS Record: (file attached). Please READ CAREFULLY, TYPE and COMPLETE ALL information required. The student must complete the first page; while the previous University or English Institution must complete the second page).
o This is required when international students are transferring from a U.S. university or intensive English program only. This form will assist the student with having their SEVIS record transferred to FAMU and not have to pay another SEVIS I-901 fee of $200.00
1. Copy of Express Mail Payment: if you live in Tallahassee, there is no need to pay for the express mail, just pick it up from the OIED office once is ready.
You also need to complete the following steps in order to receive the original Form I-20 by express mail:
1) Go to https://study.eshipglobal.com/
2) Click on: Students/Scholars and Sign up or Create an Account
3) Complete Registration and go from there to pay for express mail services
If you have any questions regarding this process, you should please call University Express Mail Services (UEMS) at: 1 (800) 816-1615.
Florida A&M University,
1601 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd,
Please SCAN and SEND COPY of all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 16th, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No I-20 Request will be process after Friday, December 14th, 2019.
MANDATORY International Student Orientation:
The International Students Orientation will be on xxx. More information will be provided soon.
If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Office of International Education and Development
P: 1 850-599-3562