The FCCS Director, Dr. Hongmei Chi, is responsible for overseeing and guiding the mission of the Center. FCCS has an Advisory Board of academic, corporate and government representatives who provide advice and guidance on the Center’s annual and strategic plans and performance. The activities of FCCS fall into five major areas: research, curriculum/standards, education/training, service/outreach, and efforts to gain certification as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE). The areas are described below:
- Research: Establish a program of research in Cyber Defense (CD) and Information Assurance (IA). Seek external funding from federal, state, and corporate sources.
- Curriculum and Standards: Maintain curriculum mappings to industry CD and IA standards and authorization to offer professional certificates to students completing CD and IA courses.
- Service and Outreach: Implement programs to promulgate CD and IA awareness to students at Florida A&M University and in the local community. Collaborate with other institutions to enhance their capacity for CD and IA education, research and outreach.
- Support activities related to the Florida A&M University Center of Academic Excellence: The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) designated Florida A&M University as a Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Information Assurance Education (IAE) for academic years 2012-2017.
- The Center is currently applying for re-designation as a Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense Education (CDE) for academic years 2017-2022.
Cyber Center Org Chart