What is LiveSafe?
LiveSafe is a personal safety mobile app that FAMU is providing to all students, faculty, and staff to download for free. The app provides a quick, convenient, and discreet way to communicate directly with FAMU safety officials, enhancing your overall safety and allowing FAMU Police to better protect you.
Main Features of the LiveSafe App:
· Report Tips: The “Report Tips” feature allows you to send text, picture, video, and audio directly to FAMU Police in real-time, and anonymously if you prefer. You can share information about any safety incidents or concerns, such as suspicious activity, theft, harassment, and more. You can also engage in a live chat with a safety official.
· Emergency Options: By calling 911, calling FAMU Police, or Messaging FAMU Police from the “Emergency Options” screen, you will initiate location tracking, allowing safety officials to see where you are and respond to you more quickly in an emergency situation. You can easily stop location tracking at any time after the call is placed.
· Safety Map: View a safety map to see and get directions to nearby safety locations and to see where recent incidents have occurred.
o SafeWalk: Get from place to place safely by using SafeWalk to invite your contacts to “virtually escort” you, allowing them to follow your location on a map as they chat with you. You can request to virtually escort others as well.
o Student Escort Team: Request an in-person student escort to walk you to your destination (Due to COVID-19, this function is not available at this time.)
· Receive Alerts: Stay up to date by receiving important safety notifications and emergency alerts from FAMU Police.
· Resources: Access important safety information such as emergency procedures, health & wellness resources, sexual assault resources, and more
Steps to Download LiveSafe
Click the link: bit.ly/FAMU-LiveSafe or
1. Download “LiveSafe” from the App Store or Google Play (Enable location services and push notifications when prompted).
2. Sign up using your FAMU email address.
3. Create a password and fill in your name.
4. Search for “Florida A&M University” to connect with the organization.
5. Add your mobile phone number to your profile (Left Menu > Settings > Profile).