Crime Prevention Services and Education
Education is key to crime prevention. That is why the Department of Campus Safety and Security offers a variety of crime prevention and education programs to the University community at no cost. These programs are available to students, faculty and staff throughout the year.
If you are interested in arranging a program on a certain topic, please submit the Crime Prevention & Education Presentation Request form at least 7 business days prior to the event.
These activities include, but are not limited to delivering:
- Campus Safety Awareness presentations during New Students Orientation sessions
- Campus Safety Awareness presentations during Transfer Students Orientation sessions
- Anti-Hazing Presentations
- Safety Presentations to Student Housing Groups
- Safety Presentations to Student Organizations and Groups
- Safety Presentations to Faculty & Staff Groups
- Directed/Focus Presentations upon request (e.g., NIMS, building security, active shooter response, DRS, etc.)
General Safety TipsFebruary Safety TipsSpring Break Safety TipsActive ShooterHoliday Safety RemindersHALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTSClick here to participate in Operation Identification!
Additional Safety/Crime Prevention Resource Links
Emergency: 911 (toll free) Non-Emergency: 850.599.3256 TTY: 850-606-5805